Wednesday 2 August 2017

A Tough Decision

One of the toughest decisions I have to make as a horse owner is coming up soon - what colour of browband should I make for my horse? (Note I said one of the toughest decisions, not the toughest decision. Hopefully that decision is still years away.)

It's almost time to make Cisco his own beaded browband. He has been much better about bridling, and has been better about not needing to put his mouth on everything. So he is getting closer to be able to have Nice Things.

Pretty well any colour works on a grey. The horse's colour is no help here.

I tend to like dark colours. But dark colours don't show up very well against a dark browband. So my favourite navy blue is mainly out (but could be an accent colour).

He's a boy. No pink.

Or gold. I'm a silver kind-a-gal.

I do want colour. So not black as the main colour.

Or yellow, orange, brown, or anything flourescent. Yuck.

Turquoise might be nice.

I'm leaning towards purple, mainly because of some beads I saw at Michaels that I really liked. But they might still be too dark.
I want to find a reason to use these.

I bead my own browbands, so if I don't like it I can redo it. But it's kind of a pain to do, so I would prefer to get it right the first time.

Decisions, decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment