Wednesday 27 December 2017

Weather Woes

I'll get out to visit the kids soon. I promise.

I worked the night shift for 6 weeks, so my body is totally accustomed to that schedule. Nights end at Christmas, and I have to be back at work for 9am on the 26th. The changeover is not easy. I got very little sleep on the 24th and  spent a large part of the 25th in a semi-comatose state. It's currently 3 in the morning on the 26th. I got about 4 hours of sleep and woke up wide awake at 1am. My goal is to be back in bed for 4, so that I can hopefully get another 3 or 4 hours of sleep before hauling my butt out of bed and heading to work. We'll see how that goes.


And this is the current temperature.

Yeah, that's cold. That's -22F, and with the windchill, -34F.

There's are a few reasons why I'm happy to pay my board bill every month. And not having to be out in this weather is a big one.

Ponies are happy stuffing their face in a round bale. They haven't been clipped yet, and have 300g worth of blankets on. They should be nice and cozy. And fat. Very fat.

This weather is supposed to be with us through the weekend. That will give me some time to do some adulting things that I totally neglected while I was working nights. Like cleaning the house, laundry, and reading library books that I've already renewed twice and haven't cracked open.

And getting a new car battery. Since my car is currently sitting in front of my parent's house because it won't start. I knew I needed a new battery, but was hoping I wouldn't get bitten in the ass by waiting until I became a day dweller again. Almost made it, but not quite. Thankfully my dad doesn't have to work today so I have his truck to get me to work. And I'm really hoping he'll have called AMA and someone will have come and started it by the time I get home this evening.

So, I hope to see the ponies someday soon. But I don't know when.

No comments:

Post a Comment