Wednesday 20 December 2017

Fancy Strips of Rubber

Another of my Black Friday purchases finally arrived - some C4 belts! And they are fantabulous!

The printed belts are harder to find up here in the Great White North. And there were 10 or 20 a few that I really like. I kept an eye on their Facebook page over the Black Friday weekend and managed to see it when they offered a 50% off code. Score!

I capped myself at 5 belts. I already have 3 (or 4?) solid coloured ones. So now I can wear a different one every day of the week!

What did I choose?

Fox Hunt

I had to have a Thelwell. It was a hard decision as to which one, but I chose Pony Chaos.

Pony Macaroni. Because I like saying pony macaroni.


Vintage Horses. I think this is my favourite. It's going to look great with breeches.

And Space Cats. Just for fun. (My cat could be the model for the fat orange cat on it's back.)

I also ordered a couple of buckles, including the metal flip top buckle. Not sure how I feel about this one - the teeth that secure your belt will dig into the top of the belt, and I would imagine leave a mark. It might have to live on one specific belt. It does feel really secure though.

The only downside to ordering 5 belts is that I will have a hard time justifying getting more on Black Friday next year, as I am sure that there will be some new prints I need want. It will be difficult to justify, not impossible. 😉

5 comments:

  1. Hello Heather!

    I received your gift! Thank you so much for the thoughtfulness you put into it and for taking the time to check out my blog <3 I have added you to my follow list and I can't wait to continue to read along in your adventures! A very Merry Christmas to you and your horses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that you liked it! I had fun making them. Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  2. I didn't know C4 came out with a metal buckle. I had 2 of the plastic ones break and had given up on using C4 belts, but a metal buckle might solve that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems pretty solid - like don't expect to be able to get you pants off in a hurry solid! It does seem to be loosening up a bit with me manipulating it a few times, so I'm hoping it will get easier.

      Delete
  3. just found your blog and am catching up on recent posts now! but i LOVE that vintage horse belt, and actually have the space cats one myself (it was a blogger secret santa gift from Stephanie at Hand Gallop) and i love wearing it at shows during my dressage test with a blue coat haha. helps me not take myself too seriously ;)

    ReplyDelete