Tuesday 13 August 2019

Almost Break Time

I've had a busy week with not much time for horses. I've had to work 7 days straight, with a payoff of getting a couple of extra days added to my vacation next week. Two more days of work, then I have 11 days to play with the ponies.

On Friday and Saturday, I went straight from work to the barn. On Friday I had great intentions of getting both horses ridden. But Cisco was coughing a bunch in the barn when I brought him in, so I decided to just do some groundwork. He didn't cough at all once we left the barn.

I hopped on Phantom. She felt a little wonky, so I just worked on getting her to come forward and some easy leg yields to get her hind end moving. It got better. I'm not going to stress about it.

That night I got home at 11pm and had to leave at 8:30 the next morning. Again I drove straight to the barn after work to arrive around 6. Since I had to work on Sunday (early) I moved a lesson to Saturday evening.

By the time that finished, I had no gas left in the tank. My horses just got fed and fly sprayed, and I still didn't get home until 10pm. I guess I probably shouldn't have spent that half-hour chatting with people.

So, yeah. Just need to make it through until Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment