Wednesday 21 August 2024

Stitch's First Rider

Stitch has had his first rider onboard!

This giant unicorn and a rainbow balloon has been hanging out in one stall of my horse trailer since last summer when I had set them up for Phantom and Cisco's birthdays. They didn't deflate that much (just filled with air) and I kept them around in case I wanted to use them in the future.

Well, the time had come for them to die - I wanted the space back in the trailer. But I might as well introduce Stitch to them first! 

The kid noticed them immediately when we entered the arena, but he wandered over and gave the unicorn a sniff. No big concern, not even when the rainbow, which was slightly softer than the unicorn and didn't really want to stand up, slowly slid down to the ground in front of Stitch and softly touched his toe. He stood perfectly still, gave it the hairy eyeball, made sure it was dead, and then walked right past it without a care.

The balloons got dragged behind me as I led him around, and then the rainbow was thrown over his back. Meh.

So I popped the unicorn aboard, since it would stand upright and be a bit more imposing  above him.

The only reaction I got was a big "I guess this is my life now" sigh.

I hope I get the same sigh in a few weeks when it's me up there!



2 comments: