Saturday 13 February 2021

Horse Poor

 I think I've only been on three proper vacations in my adult life. 

Costco is the main source of my clothing.

I colour my own hair from a box, and I try to make sure I buy it on sale.

All because I'm horse poor.

I'm sure many of you reading this can relate. 

And I'm sure your spouses will relate to this song.



It's performed by an Alberta artist, Corb Lund. 

I happen to know the lady who apparently was the inspiration for the song. When I did my coaching certification a few years ago there was a lady from the southern part of the province who was seeking certification for the same level as me and we both had no idea what we were doing. Long story short, she found me on Facebook afterwards and messaged me to find out how I had done, and we ended up Facebook friends. 

I figured out that she was married to the drummer for Corb Lund. I first heard this song a few years ago and wondered if she had anything to do with it. The song has just been released on a new album with the video above, and she posted on her Facebook page that she was indeed the inspiration - it was written based on things her husband talked about. 

She's hoping she might get some royalties out of it - which I am sure she would spend on more horses. 

3 comments:

  1. That is excellent. I need to look this band up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is hilarious. I love their song "The Truck Got Stuck" but this is even better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is fantastic!! And sadly quite true. Lol

    ReplyDelete