I am not going to clean it as that seems to piss it off. It seems to look worse the day after I clean it.
I picked up some more Polysporin with the triple antibiotic (and pain relief!), some athlete's foot ointment from Costco (which was a zoo since a lot of people have Monday off due to Remembrance Day falling on the weekend). I already had Desitin at the barn. I wish I had remembered that yesterday and I would have put that on last night.
They all got mixed up and applied to her pastern. Pony Grandma helped by dispensing treats when I clicked the clicker as I was applying. Phantom was quite good about me slathering on the goop, which honestly surprised me a bit. She's usually kind of a cow when it comes to being doctored. Using the clicker does seem to help, as she's a bit of a treat whore and will usually do whatever it takes to get a treat.
|Still fat. Post-goop application so you can't see the crud.|
I also started her on Liver Flush from Alpha Omega, just in case she did ingest something she shouldn't have. I had a look at the hay since I made it out during daylight hours, and did find some clover in there, but had to look pretty hard to find a dried flower. Apparently it's difficult to tell what type of clover it is once it's in hay and dried, without getting it tested. But alsike clover is still toxic in a dried state. I guess the bales that they are feeding are from a new batch - same supplier, different field. And the results of toxicity are usually seen about a month after ingestion. So I am going to try not to overreact to the fact that there is clover in the hay.