Thursday 26 October 2017

Craft Day

They put a wind warning weather advisory up for Wednesday on Tuesday afternoon. Wind gusts at 90 kph were forecasted for the late afternoon. I had warned the two students that I teach lessons to on Wednesday that I might cancel if the advisory continued through the day, and made the decision early afternoon to not teach. I didn't want to deal with spooky horses, and honestly, the drive on the highway.

And I definitely had no plans to ride Cisco in this wind. He's been getting better about the arena not being too spooky, and a super windy day would likely set that back. Plus my back was rather sore from yesterday's ride (which I will write about tomorrow) so I decided that today was a full day off and I would craft something for myself.

So I made me a shirt.

Well, I decorated a shirt that I bought from Costco.

Every year Costco carries a base layer top and bottom from a company called Paradox. They are only$20 Canadian. The style and colours change a bit every year, and a few years ago they changed from 100% polyester to a merino wool/polyester blend. I think every year except one they have been a quarter zip style (that other year they were had an asymmetric zipped opening on one shoulder). I pretty well exclusively ride in these shirts in the winter so I buy a new one every winter.

I had an idea for a shirt that I wanted to do, and decided this shirt would work nicely for it. The only bad thing about the shirts are the lack of colours - this year the selection include a black mix, a tomato-ey red, and a black/grey camouflagey print. Originally I grabbed the red, but red won't go with my brick red or brown breeches. So I stuck with the black mix (another black shirt wouldn't be my first option).

Here's how it turned out!

And I added a reminder to myself on the left sleeve.
In theory I shouldn't be looking down to read this when I ride. In reality however.....

I'm very happy with how it turned out. And it's really hard to take a good picture of a shirt in a small house!

And in the end, they dropped the wind advisory about an hour after I cancelled lessons. It didn't get anywhere near as bad as they forecasted. Typical!

1 comment:

  1. I like this. Too bad the shirts do not come in very large chested woman's size. Send this to Costco. They will like your advertising.

    ReplyDelete