Monday 9 October 2017

Brown is the New Black

Remember the brown helmet that I totally didn't need but really wanted? Well, I didn't get it.

A week after I ordered the brown suede One K Defender helmet I received an email from the retailer - they were sold out. And wouldn't be getting any in anytime soon. But they had it available in brown in the matte finish.

So I took the matte brown option. It arrived last week and I finally got out to the barn and could try it on.

I can't believe I'm putting a selfie on the internet because I don't do good selfies.  But here is the brown helmet on my head.

Okay, that lighting sucks and it doesn't look very brown. So here it is next to my half chaps.

I don't which is a better representation of the actual colour, but it is a pretty good match for my half chaps. So they will look fantastic together. Whenever I manage to ride that is. Which, looking at this week's schedule, might happen a whole 2 times.

And on the topic of helmets, please wear one! My friend is suffering the lingering effects of whacking her head in a fall almost three weeks ago. Thankfully she was wearing her helmet, as she still can't deal with light, or drive, or draw (she's an artist) three weeks after the incident. She didn't get bucked off, the horse didn't trip - she just lost her balance after not riding for a couple of months and got popped out of the saddle at a canter. Something so simple could have had a catastrophic result had her helmet not been on her head.


No comments:

Post a Comment