Friday 29 September 2017

What Is It?

One interest that I have is photography. I especially like taking pictures of things that show texture, and close-ups of small things, otherwise known as macro photography. I'm not necessarily any good at it, and I don't spend as much time as I would like doing it, but I try to have fun with it.

I took these pictures a couple of years ago of an item that I found at the barn. Can you guess what it is?

The cropped version.
A little further out.

Any guesses?





It's a tooth cap!

I found it in the arena one day. No idea which horse it would belong to.

It was covered in dirt from being in the footing. I brought it home, soaked it, and scrubbed it with toothpaste and a toothbrush (an old toothbrush!).

Here is the other side:

I find the cracks in the tooth interesting and surprising. They aren't visible with the naked eye. Also the chewed up grass in the crevice of the tooth. I scrubbed and scrubbed at that tooth to get all the dirt out, and that grass didn't come out, so it must be deep into that crevice.

This is one of the things that I like about macro photography - being able to see details that you can't see just by looking at an item normally.

No comments:

Post a Comment